Mexican Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Realism and sacrifices

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin

Realism and sacrifices Empty
PostSubject: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 3:22 am

When we made Mexican Mafia, we wanted to be as realistic as possible.  Me, and Lerma were doing an okay job but when we did more research, and Mac helped us we learned a lot.

We've learned about how mesa works, how a carnal holds a turf, and loads more.  Truthfully though, a lot if all too excessive.  We can't have a carnal hold one piece of turf, since there isn't enough turf and there isn't enough active gangs.  We can't have every role in use of mesa, since SA-CF doesn't cater to that many roles.

From now on, my suggestion is carnals share turf but the paroled camaradas work on their own gang.  Say if Joseph Ito held Varrio Nuevo Estrada, and got $10,000 biweekly. Roy Romero, who already has 18th Street under him, decides he wants more money so he goes to tax VNE himself for a new tax of $7,500, VNE should cooperate and go with the cheaper tax.  This then means Roy has politicked with Ito, and people die over that shit.  My other suggestion is that we only include, and utilize the roles useful for mesa.
Back to top Go down
https://mexicanmafia.forumotion.co.uk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 3:22 am

Post your thoughts or whatever kanpoleros
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 am

Michael_Romo wrote:
From now on, my suggestion is carnals share turf but the paroled camaradas work on their own gang.
What type of gangs are you talking here? We all know that if people try to open up their own gangs, sooner or later(and in most cases it's sooner rather than later), they close. Within the first month.

Or, perhaps, you're talking about paroled Camaradas infiltrating a certain gang and gaining control over it for the carnales?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:55 am

We're talking about camaradas on the bricks with influence in said neighborhoods collecting money from these gangs, not camaradas establishing their own gangs.
Back to top Go down
Daniel_Gavaldon

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 5:36 am

Is it the given now that any camaradas on the outside can pretty much monopolise gang taxation/control without repercussion?
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 6:16 am

Samuel_Perez wrote:
Is it the given now that any camaradas on the outside can pretty much monopolise gang taxation/control without repercussion?
Yeah. The only repercussion is that if the gang already has a camarada collecting tax, and you try to meddle your way in then you start politicking.
Back to top Go down
Angel Fortuna

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:15 am

Sorry but you lost me there, you suggest that carnales share gangs when it comes to taxation and control?
Back to top Go down
Daniel_Gavaldon

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:49 am

Juan Fortuna wrote:
Sorry but you lost me there, you suggest that carnales share gangs when it comes to taxation and control?

I think that just means they share turf but not gangs. Camaradas, as AJ said, `politick` in order to gain control/favour of gangs - one method of which is by offering the gang a lower tax than their current camarada is collecting.
Back to top Go down
Angel Fortuna

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:59 am

I don't think it's for the camaradas to decide which turf to make a move on, seeing as it can get their carnal in deep shit if another carnal owns it. In the end I think there are enough gangs and territories for everyone, the key to successfuly hold a territory is to have it kept by a known gang faction.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:53 am

Juan Fortuna wrote:
I don't think it's for the camaradas to decide which turf to make a move on, seeing as it can get their carnal in deep shit if another carnal owns it. In the end I think there are enough gangs and territories for everyone, the key to successfuly hold a territory is to have it kept by a known gang faction.
That's the problem we're getting at.  Their is few gangs which are built to last, and the majority are the opposite.  The map, in my opinion, isn't big enough to cater for everyone.  Maybe to make it more fair, we have it so carnals can claim gangs, but then the carnals can start politicking through sending their outside reps to meddle themselves in.
Back to top Go down
Daniel_Gavaldon

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:54 am

Michael_Romo wrote:
Juan Fortuna wrote:
That's the problem we're getting at.  Their is few gangs which are built to last, and the majority are the opposite.  The map, in my opinion, isn't big enough to cater for everyone.  Maybe to make it more fair, we have it so carnals can claim gangs, but then the carnals can start politicking through sending their outside reps to meddle themselves in.

Yeah, just to answer Juan - It's meant that camaradas might politick on behalf of carnals rather than of their own volition.
Back to top Go down
James_Limon

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:12 am

If a Carnal is moving in on another Carnales turf then it's an in game matter. What is trying to be established here (from what I can see) is that instead of controlling pockets of turf, the whole map is really our playing ground and when a gang pops up a Carnal can move in and claim that gang's turf as his turf.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:19 am

Kanpol wrote:
If a Carnal is moving in on another Carnales turf then it's an in game matter. What is trying to be established here (from what I can see) is that instead of controlling pockets of turf, the whole map is really our playing ground and when a gang pops up a Carnal can move in and claim that gang's turf as his turf.
Pretty much the nail on the head. It stops this bullshit of a carnal owning Las Colinas, but has fuck all to do since there is no gang operating there.
Back to top Go down
James_Limon

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:21 am

When a Carnal controls a turf he doesn't just claim the Sureno gang in that area, he also claims the drug trade. If there happens to be other factions that aren't Surenos he can demand a tax from them.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:22 pm

Kanpol wrote:
When a Carnal controls a turf he doesn't just claim the Sureno gang in that area, he also claims the drug trade. If there happens to be other factions that aren't Surenos he can demand a tax from them.
That's a sacrifice. We know we can't handle this due to the mentality and egos of a lot of roleplayers sadly.
Back to top Go down
James_Limon

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:27 pm

Then you just kill them and it provides you with entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:51 pm

Kanpol wrote:
Then you just kill them and it provides you with entertainment.
"What's your reason?"

"Oh, we killed them in their claimed turf on the official turf map for not accepting a tax they don't have to pay."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 6:48 pm

This isn't rocket science people. We're well aware that camaradas don't control the turf, and that carnales do, but camaradas are the ones who collect the taxes, make the drug drops, etc.

We're saying that due to the lack of Sureño gangs spread out over a certain turf, carnales will start to control gangs (via their camarada) instead of turf. Everything else is in game and down to the camaradas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realism and sacrifices   Realism and sacrifices Empty

Back to top Go down

Realism and sacrifices
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mexican Mafia :: Old-
Jump to: